Fast EtherLink XL PCI
10/100BASE-TX Ethernet Adapter
This particular card has a P/N of 03-0172-110 C. The unit's S/N is 6QP128CEED.
The 3Com logo, all the model / product info, "10/100BASE-TX Ethernet Adapter", and "(C)1998 3Com Corporation" is silkscreened on the top of the card.
- The 3Com Ethernet controller is marked with...
- Parallel Tasking II
- 3Com 40-0483-004
- 9832S 15484437
- A card w/ a S/N of 6QPD73C5CB (manuf. in Singapore) has text of 9912S 21055437 here
- LUCENT 40-04834
- "10/100 Mbps Signalling Rate", "FAB 02-0172-002 REV A", and "COVERED BY ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING PATENTS: 5268899, 5307459, 5434872, 5485584, 5530874, 5568469" is etched onto the back of the bottom layer of the board.
- Patent US 5268899 A: Apparatus for generating pseudo-random numbers in a communication system, or other system involving a shared resource
- Patent US 5307459 A: Network adapter with host indication optimization
- Patent US 5434872 A: Apparatus for automatic initiation of data transmission
- Patent US 5485584 A: Apparatus for simulating a stack structure using a single register and a counter to provide transmit status in a programmed I/O ethernet adapter with early interrupts
- Patent US 5530874 A: Network adapter with an indication signal mask and an interrupt signal mask
- Patent US 5568469 A: Method and apparatus for controlling latency and jitter in a local area network which uses a CSMA/CD protocol