For a list of all currently documented Ralink chipsets with specifications, see Ralink.
"8WPCG09..3A1G" is silkscreened on the board in the FCC photos.
The original driver, dated 2006-05-04 and with a version of 126.96.36.199, works well in Windows 2000 and XP (and possibly Vista and Windows 7), however installs but malfunctions in Windows 8.1 32-bit.
That driver can be downloaded from driveridentifier.com
Was able to get the device functional in Windows 8.1 32-bit as follows:
1. Download "IS_AP_STA_RT6x_D-188.8.131.52_VA-184.108.40.206_W7-220.127.116.11_RU-18.104.22.168_AU-22.214.171.124_082409_126.96.36.199_Free.exe"
- It should be 27,549,036 bytes, with a file version of 188.8.131.52974.
2. Run the file (in compatibility mode if a Windows 8.1 system) to extract the drivers to the %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder.
3. Copy the drivers folder just created (likely netr61.inf_x86_67984b32b0a15d68) to an unrestricted area such as C:\Drivers\.
4. In the unrestricted area, and using Notepad, open the netr61.inf file for editing.
5. Find the line that starts with "%Ralink_0302.DeviceDesc%", copy that entire line, then insert it as a new line just below the original so that the same identical line now appears twice.
6. In the line just inserted, change "SUBSYS_25611814" to "SUBSYS_3C831948" so that it reads "PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0302&SUBSYS_3C831948".
7. Save the changes to the netr61.inf file.
8. Device Manager > Other devices > Network Controller > right click and choose "Update Drivers Software..." >
- choose "Browse my computer for dirver software" > Browse to the folder that contains, among other driver files, the edited netr61.inf file >
- click Next > consent to installing the driver and wait for the installation to complete > "Ralink RT61 Wireless LAN Card V2" should be installed.
9. Check that you can now view Networks to connect to.