BT Home Hub 5A
For a list of all currently documented Atheros (QCA) chipsets with specifications, see Atheros.
For a list of all currently documented Lantiq (Intel) chipsets with specifications, see Lantiq.
For a list of all currently documented Qualcomm Atheros (QCA) chipsets with specifications, see Qualcomm Atheros.
BT Home Hub 5 (Type A)
The Home Hub 5 is a simultaneous dual-band wireless-AC CPE with an
- integrated VDSL2 modem, a GbE WAN port, and four GbE LAN ports.
"RTV7505W-D18 (ROHS) REV:4.10" is silkscreened on the board in the images.
- OEM: Askey, HannStar seems to be the PCB manufacturer.
Plusnet started shipping an (internally) identical unit in a white case branded
- BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) - CPU: Lantiq PSB 80910 (XWAY VRX268)
- BT Home Hub 5 (Type B) - CPU: Broadcom BCM63268 @400MHz
Model BT Home Hub 5A BT Home Hub 5B In operation 9.2W 14.0W Idle 6.3W 7.2W Standby mode 0.2W 0.1W
- SoC: Lantiq XWAY VRX268 (PSB 80910 EL V1.2) MIPS 34Kc
Per the VRX268 product brief, the VRX268 SoC has an internal GbE switch
- w/ two internal Ethernet PHYs (each functioning as either a single GbE PHY
- or dual FE PHY) and support for three external PHYs via MII/RMII/RGMII.
- This unit is using three external GbE PHYs (PEF7071V)
- and the two internal GbE PHYs with the in-SoC switch.
The CPU/SoC and both wireless chips are all supported by OpenWrt.
The wireless radios used are the following...
- Atheros AR9227 - 2T2R 2.4GHz, 802.11bgn (300Mbps)
- w/ 2x Microchip SST12LP15A - High Power 2.4GHz Power Amplifiers
- 2x internal antnenae, inline Hirose switching coaxial RF test connectors
- Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880 - 3T3R 5GHz, 802.11ac (1.3Gbps)/n (450Mbps)
- w/ 3x Skyworks SE5003L1 - High Power 5GHz Power Amplifiers
- 3x internal antnenae, inline Hirose switching coaxial RF test connectors.
The device has surprisingly long range at 5GHz thanks to the SE5003L1
- high-power amplifiers/front-ends.
- Event log dump indicating usage of at least one QCA radio
- OpenWRTLEDE Installation instructions for Home Hub 5A
- Serial pin output on openwrt.ebilan.co.uk
- How to enable SSH on Home Hub 5A BT stock firmware
- BT reveals Home Hub 5 with ac Wi-Fi on bit-tech.net
- BT Home Hub 5 hands-on: Making BT Infinity even better on Pocket-lint