Belkin F5D8231-4 v2
For a list of all currently documented Marvell chipsets with specifications, see Marvell.
N1 Wireless Router
The FCC test report lists the processor as a 333MHz Marvell 88F5180n,
- RAM as 32MB, Flash as 4MB, and switch as the Marvell 88E6061.
The wireless module has "970YBW0000-1.0MM" silkscreened on it in the FCC photos.
As shipped, the wireless module is a SerComm device, board ID YBW10A-1.0MM.
- This mini PCI card has device ID [11ab:2a02]. Assumed 2x3 MIMO configuration.
Then native software also allows this device to be easily configured
- as a simple Wireless Access Point and Ethernet Switch, without
- the routing and firewall services.
- - boot log, states CPU is a 88F5181 running at 500MHz.
There does not appear to be any port of OpenWRT and such to the F5D8231-4 v2,
- but the mini PCI card might be re-purposed, to convert an old notebook computer
- to wireless N, leaving the center receive-only antenna connector open.
Native Windows device drivers can be found at Sciencspaces.
- While no native Linux driver ever made it all the way into the mainstream kernel,
- the card will also work with the Linux ndiswrapper.