Buffalo AirStation HighPower N300 Wireless Router
NFINITI HighPower Wireless Router
This device appears to be identical (or near identical) to the Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N.
The power supply shown in the above image is an Asian Power Devices WA-10H05FU.
- The one shown in the FCC external photos is a Buffalo-branded US100523.
Third Party Firmware
The WHR-300HP ships with the Buffalo "User Friendly" firmware build, which will not install third-party firmware.
- The Buffalo "Pro" firmware build must be installed on the WHR-300HP before upgrading to DD-WRT or any other third-party firmware.
- Download and unzip the CD image for WHR Series wireless router from Buffalo.
- Install the \whr-series_sw106\Firmware\WHR-300HP\Professional_v24sp2-19438.enc firmware image on the WHR-300HP.
- Doing this resets the WHR-300HP to factory defaults. (IP=192.168.11.1 Username=admin Password=password)
- Install a regular DD-WRT firmware image for the WHR-HP-G300N on the WHR-300HP.
- Builds compatible with the WHR-HP-G300N:
- -DD-WRT v3.0-r32170 std (06/01/17)
- -DD-WRT v3.0-r31825 std (04/06/17)
- N.B. The previously recommended build, (r24461) prevented upgrading or downgrading the firmware. If stuck, follow the fix instructions here .
- The OpenWrt BarrierBreaker 14.07-rc2 build for the WHR-HP-G300N is compatible with the
- WHR-300HP, but the internal flash is too small to install the Luci web management interface.